Saturday, October 3, 2009

WHY THE CADBURY EYEBROW DANCE COMMERCIAL WORKS



Got to hand it to Fallon who has released the latest spot in its A Glass And A Half Productions series for Cadbury's Dairy Milk. The ad follows the trend established by Gorilla and Trucks of combining a retro track with some good, clean fun, this time in the form of two eyebrow-dancing kids.
When the kids are left alone in a photographer's studio, 80s electro track Don't Stop The Rock suddenly kicks in, and the duo begin their eyebrow moves. You have to wait until about 30 secs in for the first big laugh. When I first saw it, I thought to myself, what the heck does this have to do with chocolate?? But then as I saw it more often, and not just on TV....but on YouTube, friends blogs, facebook, twitter, flicker and every other social community site you can think of, the spot grew on me....it grew on me quickly, and not just me! It already has a host of imitations online. The spot just makes you feel good, because it is so darn cute and outrageous. Perhaps that is all the ad has to do. What Cadbury is saying without saying it is "grab a Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, and you'll feel better."

So yesterday I walked into my local variety store to waste my time as I always do by buying my weekly Lotto tickets, however this time I decided to pick up a Cadbury Dairy Milk bar as well.

Not because I was hungry...I just felt like smiling. And truth be told, the chocolate doesn't taste half bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment