Thursday, September 17, 2009

9/11 Eight Years Later

The attacks of 9/11 had a huge impact on me and the world at large for that matter. It has been 8 years later and I still feel traumatized by the entire event. New York is my favourite city in the world and a huge majority of my friends are Americans and live right in the big apple. That said, I have a strong opinion on the attacks on 9/11, more so now with the new Obama Administartion..so I would like to use this opportunity to talk a little about it.

There are a few things that have concerned me recently with the new Obama administration. While I agree Obama symbolizes a refreshing change and has given hope for a brighter more prosperous future to all Americans, rumour has it the Al Qaeda does not give a rats ass! Al Qaeda cares so little that is has vowed that the next attacks they have planned will greatly exceed the casualties of 9/11. We know from history that the Al Qaeda are patient, so only God knows when the next attacks will happen, could be today, could be a month from now, 5 years, 10 yrs...Who knows?
Thing is, had the machinery that the Bush administration put in place which kept the nation safe been respected and augmented, I would feel more confident that my friends in the US would be safe, but who can feel confident with Janet Napolitano heading the Department of Homeland Security? Napolitano cannot even bring herself to say the word “terrorist”....perhaps I should say it for her "terrorist! terrorist!, terrorist!. To top it off, the Obama administration has gone as far as expunging the phrase “war on terrorism”. Some of you might think, Tony you're a Canadian...what do you care?? Well I do, and if the greatest city on earth could be attacked "New York" then an attack on a Canadian large city like Toronto would be a cake walk for the Al Qaeda.

I guess my last biggest concern with the Obama administration is that they seem to have lost their focus, instead of capturing or killing terrorists, they seem to be more content on dragging former Vice President, Dick Cheney, and dedicated CIA operatives before the dock to prosecute. It is eight years later and I do not feel one bit safer. Do you?

If you are interested I put together a little story about the Twin Towers and the attacks on 9/11, Here it is, hope you take the time to watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment